Saturday, November 1, 2014

Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back.- Babe Ruth

Couldn't let any more of the day go by without asking if you had a Happy Halloween!?
I went to Vanessas' to hand out candy, & we had over 70 children & 7 adults we gave treats too!
We also put together her storage cabinet for her bathroom!
It was a good night!

I made Vanessa this card last year when I was annoyed with her.....left it too late so she didn't get it.
This year I was annoyed last weekend; she has it now!!

 
It's a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp.
And I think the sentiment came with!
 
The inside sentiment is Stampin' Up.

 
Vanessa posted it on Facebook & said, "Don't P!$$ off momma, or you might get a card like this!"
 
I made treats this year (of course I did)!
 
 
 
Here are the treat bags all done up!
 
 
I also made my 2 bite cheesecakes, and on top of the chocolate wafer that goes on each when they come out of the oven, I put an eyeball!
Big hit at work!
 
My co worker got me a sign for my office door, that said The fuel Witch is In!
 
About a month ago I got a prepaid Visa from one of my bosses for noticing that some employees were abusing their fuel cards and using them for personal use!
 
Everything's going good.
Cleaning the craft area so if (when) it snows I'll be ready to get busy!
It's been quite lovely the last few days....like the calm before the storm!
 
Laid the laminate in Vanessas spare room a couple weekends ago when she went to Edmonton.
Just have to do a couple finishing pieces!
Trim/ closet & I'll be done in there!
I have the paint for the entry, but we're still finalizing details!
Hahaha, I'm done work before her so will do what I want!
I overheard them talking about hiring a well known lady that paints in town, and the consensus was
"I want it done right, so I want your mother!" hahahaha
I don't mind painting.
The small bathroom reno (big one is next year...the window needs replaced) was an add on,
I painted it too!
It's amazing what a coat of paint can do! I start with the ceiling!
Let me tell ya, that low splatter ceiling paint.......Bu!!$#!t!
 
Eventually the whole house will have a facelift!
 
Kalen was home for Thanksgiving.....ours is October here!
He's really liking school & the job he has on campus.
We got him studded winter tires for Christmas, so when he was here, they were installed!
 
I bought Vanessa a gazebo for her deck this summer & that was her Merry Christmas present!
The deck is on the south side & NEVER got used.
They actually thought the gazebo was 'a dumb idea'!
Then couldn't believe how much they sat out there!
 
So there!
I'm done my shopping!
 
I've been to a Brad Paisley concert!
Brett Kissel opened for him! He's a home grown Alberta boy!
I've helped with inventory at the local drug store,
went to a  Fall Supper, a few appointments,
I'm keeping busy!
I'm going to do a casino this month, and I'm attending an Epicure party tomorrow afternoon!
 
Better go get something done while it's light out!
It's also daylight savings time, so if you're from my neck of the woods, you need to turn your clocks back 1 hour tonight!
 
Hope you're all well!
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!

5 comments:

Patti J said...

Wow, Gail...you have really been busy! Your card and treats are so much fun! The joke around here used to be that 'yes, my mom CAN drive a stick' (lol...meaning a broomstick of course)! Thanks for sharing :) Hugs...

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOVE the card!!! Just awesome! So much love & effort into all those treats - you go, Girl! I hope things are going well and that you're a happy camper these days!

Barbara said...

That card is a winner and I can't believe the sheer number of treat bags you made - but I guess you knew that 70 kids were coming, wow. Hope you didn't get jet lagged from daylight savings and that the real winter is still some way off for you.

Sandra H said...

Great post Gail as always a great read ......loving the card too! x

MaryH said...

Great read on your post this evening. But I'm tired reading all the stuff you are getting accomplished! Wow..I need you to head my way. Maybe you'd get me back in gear and out of my lazy spurt I've been enjoying lately. Loved your cute witch card, and had to smile at its reason for being late. The bark was pretty scary too. Good for you on getting a bonus attaboy from your boss too. Hope you find something fun to spend it on. TFS & Big hugs. Glad you're back crafting again...but my question is: How on earth do you have time & energy with all the remodel/decorating work you're doing, plus regular work hours? Wow!