Sunday, August 3, 2014

I've always believed that you can think positive just as well as you can think negative. - James A. Baldwin

WARNING:
This post may contain a Christmas Card!
 
Holy Moly the first post in a long while is a Christmas card!
 Thanks for sticking with me!
Our summer is so short; I've been cleaning out the outside sheds, sea can, etc.!
It's been really hot, hot, hot!
Last night I wanted to go to bed about 6:30 pm; instead I made a card!
 
I've had the stitched topper sitting on my desk for a while.
It was really hard to photograph!
 
 
Even the thread I used was metallic.

 
I'm linking this up over at:
 
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round for their August Challenge:
 The theme this time is Sparkle & Shine.
Simply create a card that has glitter, sparkle, gems, pearls etc.
 
Christmas anything goes......
 
This challenge will last for the whole month of August- anything goes as long as it's Christmas - it doesn't have to be a card, you can link any project as long as it's Christmas!
 
Did ya know there's so many Christmas challenges out there all year long!?
 
Hope you're all well!
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!


12 comments:

Myrna said...

Lovely card.
I have a couple of stitched toppers that I really need to do something with. Maybe this winter I will get a few more done. I love them as they make such a statement.
You have had a busy summer and this heat sure doesn't make things easier, unless you love the heat, which I don't. lol
Myrna

chrissy xx said...

I LOve to see Christmas card A.Y.R. lol..
LOving your colours and your stitching is GOrgeous.
FAB colours to Gail...LOve it.
Chrissyxx

Sandra H said...

So beautiful Gail is your card xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Your Christmas card is beautiful Gail, I love all the glitter and sparkle. Thank you for playing with our challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again. Anet DT x

MaryH said...

Gail, this is just beautiful. Enlarged the photo so that I could see that fabulous stitching. Most unusual to me, and I love it! The gold thread stitching glimmers nicely and this is a wonderful design for the stitching motifs too. Great die cut to show off the design, and beautiful gold paper behind it. The red shiny striped background is pretty too, and all of these worked to produce a stunning card. TFS & Hugs.

Barbara said...

Lovely card - and I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying an apparently awesome summer!

Sandy said...

Beautiful embroidered card, Gail. Great diecut too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Completely Christmas this week.
Hugs,
Sandy

Rocky said...

Beautiful stitching, it looks so pretty. Thank you for joining us at CHNC Extra.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Gail love the making of Christmas cards myself and think you did well to stitch one let alone use fancy thread. Great share. Shaz in Oz x

sallysbitz2 said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the gold background and that stitching is brilliant x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your super creation for my CHNC challenge extra for August and my Patterned Paper August challenge - hope to see you again soon x

Grandma Jean said...

This is gorgeous. Well done.