Monday, April 21, 2014

REPEAT THIS 3 TIMES: Everything always works out for me! Everything always works out for me! Everything always works out for me!

Hello peeps!
Hope you had a lovely Easter weekend spent with loved ones!

I made a card last night, as Ray's going to a funeral this afternoon.

 
This was my drive to work a week ago Friday!

 
Horrible white stuff!
 
The swans are back!

 
Here's the start of the laminate at Kalens house!

 
Finished in one room!

 
Honestly, you can tell we live in Smalltown, Nowhere;
when renovations come to a screeching halt
cause we can't find drapes & curtain rods within 300 miles!
I ordered from Sears!
 
We DID work in the laundry room...........
Who lays carpet in a laundry room in the basement!
It came out!
A wall got painted, & I cleaned the spray paint off the window!
Cause REALLY;
someone would have to be standing in the yard
between the house & attached garage to watch you do laundry!!!
 
My title today is what I told a blog friend yesterday as we 'chatted' with email.
I remember saying that I had to go see where the water under my washer was coming from.
After I cussed out the washer;
which has been a lemon since I got it.......
don't tell the kids, they bought it for me.......
I was reminded about what a pain it is,
when I read Mary's blog post about her refrigerator!
 
Anyhoo..............
After I cleaned out the cupboard between the washer & dryer,
scrubbed shelves in there,
moved it out to get behind the washer.....
scrubbed under the washer..........
decided nothing was leaking.......
took off the panel where the hot water tank lives.......
YUP!
It's the hot water tank!
I need someone to do a survey about appliances or anything going wrong on a holiday, or weekend!
Cause from where I sit, it NEVER happens during the week;
and we are second on the list today for a new hot water tank!
 
Ray will have to go to his sisters to shower before the funeral,
and me;
I'll get to work sometime this afternoon,
when the new hot water tank is up & running so I can shower,
and maybe get a load of laundry in that didn't get done!
And it's payroll!
I'll be at work til I'm done!
 
I'm also house sitting/cat sitting for 2 friends in town.
The ones that live across the street from each other.
I'm paranoid now that something will go wrong!
I got my key stuck in one door on Saturday...
I was like, "REALLY, just what I want to do on Saturday,
change the lock while no one is home!"
I got it out; I now use the door with the code!
 
In other news, we enjoyed a wonderful meal on Saturday;
Vanessa was busy yesterday.
We also had Firepit Friday(on Saturday)!
Still a tad cool, but we lasted until almost 11:00PM!
 
Have a great week everyone!
Hope you're all well!
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!

8 comments:

Sandra H said...

Fabulous card Gail and another great post just love seeing your weather hope it clears and also that you finish your rooms pretty qickly ......long way to go for stuff either do you think a move could be in order....lol only joking take care xx






Myrna said...

Aren't those swans gorgeous? Your weather sure is the pits. I am impressed with the laminate flooring. Are you doing it yourself? Probably a dumb question.
Glad you had a nice family meal and the firepit.
Myrna

Barbara said...

I do wonder what "a tad cool" means where you are... Anyhow, I very much like that sympathy card. I've said the same thing on another blog today but really: sympathy cards are so hard to make! Good going on the renovations, too - despite all the... distractions!!

Diane said...

Oh Gail what a wonderful card design and colors. Gosh snow still? Will it ever end. The swans are fabulous. Your floors are looking great.

Hugs Diane

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Beautiful card Gail, good for such a purpose love the leafy peek off, or is a die? must say I do chuckle with your posts.. and yes you are right.. like my teeth they always lose filling nor come apart in some way at the weekend or worse still over a long weekend :D Shaz in oz.x PS thanks so much and popping over too and saying hi :D

Gail L said...

It's actually a stamp Shaz! I embossed it, and the sentiment with Pirates Gold!

MaryH said...

Oh I loved reading this post (well, not really because I was having sympathy pains for your hot water heater!) But it helps to vent, doesn't it?! Having a good vocabulary is a big steam let off too! (and I worked in a nuke plant for 25 yrs, so I have an extensive one should I need it! Try not to use it often though). Good luck with getting the problem fixed. Hope it is by now. Your neutral shades on the card were very pretty. Loved the embossed flower spray at the top and the pop of white with the border flowers. Didn't like the view as you drove to work. Glad we have sunshine. Did enjoy the lovely swans though! That laminate is coming along very nicely and will be so pretty & sharp looking when it's all laid. Nope to the carpet...anywhere! Too much dust & too hard to keep clean. We didn't put any in this house when we built it, and had replaced most of what we had in our last house. Never again. TFS & it's good to be reminded Life Happens To All of Us! TFS & Hugs. Don't work too hard this week.

Anonymous said...

this is such a pretty card gail! yeck, snow. spray painted windows? maybe they knew they wouldn't find drapes or curtain rods so got creative instead. :) i love the flooring and the colour. yep, life happens. sorry i haven't been by. there are not enough hours in the day, my RA and fatigue mean i don't have enough energy for the hours i do have, typing hurts, dictation is a pain and my no. 1 priority is creating where i lose myself and track of time anyway. ha. hope you're having a better week and that all that snow disappears soon for you.
hugs, linda