Monday, January 27, 2014

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. --Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hello People!
Hope you're well!

I've spent the last 2 Mondays at the dentist, and getting my vehicle fixed!
I've spent all my allowance!! For the next 6 months!

I'll show you what I've been up to, then you can forego the rest of the blather if you're so inclined!

Making treats for my peeps! Hairdresser, library girls, etc!

These little treat bags are 1/2 the size of the ones I made over here!

 
They're waiting to get blinged out, or at least some ribbon or something!
 
This next pic is a card I found over at Splitcoast Stampers.
I just did my own thing!
It was super easy, and I like it!
The little metal tag that's attached to the heart says,
"Made with Love".
 
 
We have had 2 weeks of unseasonally warm temperatures.
Like above 0!
Not good people, not good!
That's how our stuff winterkills!
Thinks it's Spring!
 
It came to an end yesterday, and overnight when it was -27 this morning!
 
I had to put the old dryer that was sitting in a lake up on boards!
I moved the snowblower off the path where it died.
All, steps & sidewalks and what have you, are free from snow & ice.
 
Unlike the town I took the van to this morning after the dentist!
They needed it for 6 hours....
shocks & struts people. sigh
I walked uptown, must have been -40 with the windchill, and I walked on the streets!
The sidewalks were skating rinks!
Shadow's happy, cause our snow is down to about a foot deep,
and because it's freezing,
she can walk on top!
 
It's busy at work, and Friday we had Happy Hour!
At 4 we decided it was 5 o'clock somewhere!
That's the kind of week we had, and I didn't work last Monday either!
 
I got a bonus at work!
I.KNOW!
Did I mention I like my job!
 
It's gonna be super busy the next couple weeks, but I'll try & stay in touch.
I want to do a challenge or 2!
 
Better go!
Keep warm.
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!

6 comments:

Myrna said...

Happy to see that you are finding time to craft. Cute card and the bags are great. Wondering how many you have there and what's going into them.
Thanks for the email.
Myrna

brenda said...

What trial and tribulations Gail, hope you motor is fixed and you are done with the dentist, I've had session the last two eeeks as well adn a nice new crown now !

Great Valentines card as well.

B x

Sandra H said...

It's always a pleasure to visit Gail and as always you sound busy although not liking the thought of the dentist hope all went well there! lovely your creation and nice to know you will be back with a creation or two ...take care

Gail L said...

I have 24, and they're already filled with chocolate hearts & those conversation hearts from the dollar store!
I'll try to remember to take a picture when they're finished, which should have been tonight, but I must do GST!

MaryH said...

Loved your sweet little bags. You are very good to your peeps, and they will love you for it! Liked the nifty little card you made. The folds look intriguing. Will have to check out your inspiration too. I feel your pain with the walk in the windchill. Brrrrr! Nothing worse than car troubles too...so expensive and you never know at the start how bad it's gonna end up being. That kind of thing cuts into the craft supply. Glad you have a happy job. At least you have a bright spot with the 5oclock somewhere. Enjoy, try to stay warm, and thanks for spending a bit of your time visiting me tonight. I'll be baaaccck! Hugs. TFS too.

Barbara said...

So many nice projects... I wish I'd reach my creative nook sometime really soon but somehow I don't see it happening... Congratulations on getting the dentist issue finished... I just started on mine this past Monday. Loved the "it's 5 o'clock somewhere" approach, will have to copy that!