Thursday, July 11, 2013

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.- Morticia Adams

Hello everyone!
Hope you're well!

I'm going to get a card in here right off the hop, so you don't need to read the rest of the post if you have better things to do!

Our girl at work is running for Rodeo Queen again this year!
I made this card last year!

She's a barrel racer and does pretty good in her age class!

I made her this good luck/ encouragement card!

 
I got the 'free' digi, ( yeah, I said digi) over here quite a while ago!
Probably had the Rodeo in mind!
 
My card making has slowed to an 'as needed' basis!
 
I cleaned out my card drawer, and sent Kalen quite a few....
he needed one while I was away for a friend that is battling Luekemia,
so I mailed him an assortment & he can dole them out!
I had just sent Kalen one saying, "Sending You Sunshine."
Told him if he was any kind of scrapbooker/cardmaker,
he could have put an insert in that one and repurpose it!!!
 
I've been to the Canadian Steel Guitar show!
World class entertainment for sure!
If you're in the neighborhood of Caroline, Alberta, the fourth Sunday in June, it's a whole afternoon, of cheap entertainment! ($25.00)
Here are some of the people that perform, and keep in mind, these guys hang with my cousin Jeff, and most are volunteering their time, or just have their expenses paid!
Here's a short list....
Of course there were more, Joe Wright who played with Charley Pride for 20 years....
really doesn't matter what kind of music you listen to, this show is amazing!
 
I've been trying to keep my yard work under control during the week, so I can relax & do what I want on the weekends!
HA!
It's not working!
Oh the yard work is getting done, but relaxing..........
Didn't help we had humoungous red ants in one of the horse shoe pits!
 
Saturday the fire department called around noon, and told Ray & I to stay in the house.
They had a situation with one of the couples that live on our street!
Hahahaha, I said to Ray, "We moved out of town cause the neighbors were crazy!"
Later that afternoon, Ray had to go to work, and the RCMP showed up to look around.....
Good Golly!!!
 
I'm driving the HandiVan for the community run this morning!
Going to mow the yard after work.
They mixed me up some spray that I'll use if the wind ever quits!
I DID get the cat tails & weeds sprayed around the dugout!
 
Have a great day everyone!
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!

6 comments:

Myrna said...

Gail
I like your rodeo gal. Your clouds and coloring are lovely. Is that a little horseshoe charm I see there?
Myrna

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card x

Barbara said...

Busy as ever, love your card! A perfect image for the occasion!
Hope the "situation" in your neighborhoos came to a good end... how come the fire department took care of it, not the police?
Enjoy your summer - I could stay out all night, even longer than the sun's up... can't wait for firefly season here. Must be around the corner!

Gail L said...

The police were here, the fire department was helping out by not letting people down the road.
When 911 is called here; in Smalltown, Nowhere, they send everyone!
The Fire, Police and EMT service.
Apparently, the EMT's & Fire Department were responding to a vehicle mishap, they had no idea that firearms were involved until later!
The woman tried to run over her husband, then ran away from home with a firearm.
She was foung at a farm house about 2 miles away.

CraftinGranny said...

That's such a cute card, let's hope it helps her win this year. You never cease to amaze me with all of your activities and chatter. I love visiting because I always leave with a smile from something you've said or done. Oh if I just had a 10th of your energy these days. Have a great weekend and watch out for the zany neighbors......lol Guns are not something you want to get in the way of, especially if a lovers quarrel. "Hugs" Carol

Theresa said...

Great card, Gail. So appropriate for receiver. I bet she will love it. I'm glad everything in your area turned out ok, without mishap. I am in Alberta right now for a few days, looking after estate stuff. I will be glad when everything is settled.