Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Craft a Scene

Finally I could play with these people!


Our theme for the month of May is "Ships in the Night". The inspiration for this challenge comes from the Longfellow poem Tales of a Wayside Inn:
Ships that pass in the night and speak each other in passing;
Only a signal shown and a distant voice in the darkness;
So on the ocean of life we pass and speak one another,

Only a look and a voice; then darkness again and a silence.
Tales of a Wayside Inn. Part iii. The Theologian’s Tale: Elizabeth. iv.

So this month you will want to create a scene with at least one ship/boat and your project should have an evening cast to it - basically dusk to dawn.
 
 
Well, I have a 'cast' of something!
I took about 1/2 a dozen photos, and couldn't get rid of the glare!
And I am THEE. WORLDS. WORST. BRAYER!!!
 
Good thing my kid's in the Navy; these "SHIP" cards are a big hit with him & his friends!
 
 
I wanted to add a sentiment, but I'll wait until I need it for something!
Thanks for looking!
 
Hope you're all well!
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!
 
 


20 comments:

Myrna said...

Gail
You are NOT the worlds worst brayer.
I claim that one.
Anyway, the ship card is wonderful and if you look close you can see a ladies face in the glare. lol
The lighthouse and anchor are a great touch.
Myrna

Myrna

Queenie Jeannie said...

Absolutely stunning!!! Great, great job!

Diane said...

Fabulous framed image and colors.

regards diane

catherine said...

This looks fabulous Gail and a great image. love the layout and colours
x catherine

rachel said...

Hello there - your card is just beautiful - fabulous scene you have created and love that charm too. I often turn off the flash and photograph things in natural light to try and get rid of the glare - but I don't think yours is bad anyway! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft a scene this month! Hugs rachel x

Barbara said...

This card would be a hit with anyone, really! Great card!
Have a good weekend!

Theresa said...

I think your card is great. Love the colors and your ship fits the spot perfectly.
Sorry, I have not commented for a while. Now that google reader is gone, I only check blogs every few days. I miss a lot of posts.
And I am super busy. A few weeks ago, I decided to pot up some perennials and sell them to raise money for Relay for Life. That is going well, but takes a lot of time.
Anyway, I hope all is well with you. Take care.

NancyD said...

Oh Gail your brayering is great! Love the colours you achieved here. Love the ship too. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a beautiful scene Gail, I can see why they are a hit with your son and his friends. I'm also trying to see why you would think you are that world worst brayer, I can't see anything wrong with this. Thanks for joining in at Craft A Scene this month.

Sue x

Anonymous said...

hi gail, you are your worst critic; i love this card and your son will too! it's a perfect masculine card with such attention to detail and i love how the ship really pops.

Dora said...

you have the coloized with ink well done,looks great!! I like the ship. beautiful card.
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
greetings

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Gail .Beautiful creation .Love the image , frame diecut and those charms .
.NO I AM THE WORST BRAYER !!
Cheers Shirley-Anne

Curt in Indy said...

This is stunning Gail! I love the lighthouse embelli. I think your brayering looks awesome! I don't even attempt to use my brayer anymore. I've gotten so used to doing it with sponging. Hope all is well in your world! Hugs, Curt

Rosie said...

Wow, this is a very beautiful postcard.

Anna-Karin said...

Fabulous card! Love the ship stamp, die cut shapes and the great lighthouse. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Craft a Scene!

Helen in the UK said...

I love the little charms and the texture in the sky is great :)

downrightcrafty said...

stunning absolutely gorgeous
Hugs Kate xx

CraftinGranny said...

OMG Gail, this is gorgeous!!! Your son is gonna love it! Thought I'd lost you cause I couldn't find you on my sidebar showing your posts. Finally found you. I swear every time my computer updates something gets screwed up.. Murphy's Law. Hope all is well! "Hugs" Carol

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really stunning, beautiful image, gorgeous colours and layout and the twine and charm look fabulous
Lindsay xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Gail - well just love this card ..

I have come over from Myrna's blog .. see never know where you will end up in blogland?

- if need tips on brayer see this post here:

http://calligraphycards-shazinoz.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/basic-brayer-tips-it-is-do-able.html

- it may help ... has video on it.. but love your card irrespective of it.. Shaz in Oz.x