Stressful week this!
A friend of ours had her twins on the weekend, and her dad died this week.
He was battling cancer.
I need to send a few cards.
Work is CAH RA ZEEE busy!
Had a few commitments, and ended with Happy Hour at the OFH last night!
Somewhere between arriving & leaving last night, I got talked into taking my old peeps to Wal Mart next Saturday.
I fixed my vertical blind that Vanessa & I wrecked when we assembled the tread mill!
I. KNOW!
We're home wreckers!
The blind got pulled off, and it busted the little clip!
I got out my trusty little dremel, my jewelry card making tools, some hay wire
and got busy!
I love the dremel set.
A little FYI; that sucker can drill through anything so don't drill directly on your countertops.
Just sayin!
Here's the fixed blind!
I was going to replace them, cause I've always hated them, but hey, they work!
Here's some pictures I took this week..............We'll start with the sunrise this morning!
I was up at 4:30 WTH!?I found this nest over by the creek, which is running.
It's only about 3 feet off the ground; my mom thinks they didn't know better.
This was just cool!
Here's everyone getting along!
Some geese, ducks & swans!
And this guy posed on my way to work one day!
Wish I'd have still had the camera out when he lifted off, his wing span must have been 7 feet!
We cleaned some of the yard today................
The garbage that was sticking out of the snow, went to the dump!
Had to make some ditches in the lawn!
Remember this post, the mess they made digging in the water line!?
Well there's a lake back there!
I guess we'll have to add more dirt close to the house.
Let me give you todays weather report!
Ya know ya live in Alberta if you can go from:
10 degrees above 0, to pouring rain, to below 0 & snow!
Yup, I kid you not, and it's still below 0!
I finished a Mini Album for one of Vanessas' friends.
Then I did a make work project...you know me, there's very seldom an easy way when I'm on a mission!
I received my goodies from Quilled Creations!
I got this kit!
The instructions are not great....usually when quilling they'll tell you to make so many circles or what ever and you use one of these to measure!
These instructions say to make random circles....hahahahaha!
So I did!
That lilac is no way gonna fit in that cute little oval card!
So I made my own!
Here's the finished product.
It's going to be a birthday card for a friend.
I'm doing the sunflower now, and trying my darndest to make it to fit in the oval card!
Ok I'm done!
Hope you're all well!
I'll be visiting soon.
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!
9 comments:
Sorry to hear such sad news Gail for your friend. new life is beginning for them now.. Seems like you are busy at the moment. Great photos and love the Quilling
x catherine
What an action packed post Gail.
First off so sad to hear about your friend, a week tinged with sadness and joy.
Some awesome nature photos, I too like to rise early, it's when it's at it's very best.
B x
Not only are you a workhorse, you are handy too! All in one wonderful package! That eagle pic is amazing. I like your own card better than the one that came in the kit. Just a reminder, get over to my blog and enter for the drawing. . .there is a HM/Happy Hopper stamp in it! Global warming. . .whatever! I think we are starting the next ice age. . .Hugs, Curt
Hi Gail, what a fantastic Birthday card. Great with these special flowers.
Hugs and a wonderful Sunday
Claudia
Gail
For sure why buy new when you can save the money for one of your excursions. No one looks at your bedroom blinds anyway. lol
Your nature pics are just so cool. Love them.
Nice album for sure. Love the foot in the mouth.
Your quilled card is gorgeous. Can hardly wait to see the sunflower.
Myrna
Hi there Gail .Another interesting post .Love the nature photos .Isn't it a wondrous world ?
How can we be sad on one hand and happy on the other ? Re; your friend ..Twice blessed she is .To have had a Father to love and be loved by and now to have double joy .Isn't it a wondrous world?
Love the quilling , quite effective in the oval shape .
Hugs Shirley-Anne.
Yes, CAH RA ZEEE!Sorry to hear about your friend, though. The same happened to the cousin of a good friend a couple of weeks ago. The Grandma to be only held out for a week after her grandchild was born.
I decided it was good news that there's a lake behind your house, though - it means there are temperatures above 0 at least some of the time! And the snow seems to be disappearing, too.
The album and the quilled card are gorgeous - quilling is one technique I still have to try one of these days...
sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. i love the lilac card; it's gorgeous! i have no patience for quilling, lol. my fingers just won't work the way i want them to. and the baby album is beautiful too.
linda
Hi Gail have had a peek around and joined you blog!!
- I call them Wonderful Encouragers folk who join my blog, cos that is what they do hope you may well become one too!
I love House mouse, and your card is fab, but dont use the ones I have enough, love Shaz in oz.x
Post a Comment