Happy Thanksgiving to my peeps to the south!
I left Grande Prairie on Thursday afternoon & got to Victoria Saturday night!
OY!
Edmonton & Calgary got a dump of snow, and flights were delayed and/or cancelled!
The airline put us up at a hotel for 2 sleeps, and I made the best of it!
Not dressed for the blizzard, some friends rescued me for Friday afternoon!
This post will be picture heavy, and not a crafty thing in sight, so you can stop reading now if you like!
We went to the Remembrance Day celebration at the parliament building.
There were a lot of uniforms!
Kalen...we're on our way somewhere!
This was a deer on the Naval base.
That's about all I was allowed to take a picture of there!
I got to tour Kalens ship/ which is still being refurbished or something,
and is not on the Navy website yet!
Kalen lives 1 block from the harbor!
You can see the water down there if you look hard!
There were some really cool houses on his street!
This one has got a lot of TLC!
I trotted down to the harbor every morning to watch the float planes!
And the ferries!
And check out the neighborhood watch!
We were on our way to Sydney for Fish on Fifth!
These poor pumpkins were drowning!
This was our ride some of the time!
Yes, I DID sit in the back!
Holly, REAL HOLLY!
My favorite plant in Victoria!
We went to a Salmon Run!
It was sad, but interesting!
LOOKIT!
The Whomping Willow from Harry Potter!
That's a lot of firewood!
Hahahaha, this made me smile!
The Empress still impresses!
And YES, I've had tea there!
We did Dim Sum!
I DID get to Michaels!
We went to Breaking Dawn Part 2!
We went to Spinnakers Brew Pub!
It was a great visit, and I was sad to leave!
The day I left, the ferris wheel was opening downtown.
It was the Santa Claus parade, and there was a wine tasting/ appetizer thingy somewhere!
Look at the ivy covered building!
Now I'm playing catch up at work!
Because my trip was delayed 2 days, I stayed another 2 days!
I'm making Christmas tags for the Stollery Childrens Hospital!
Saturday there's a Christmas Market, and I'm going!
I have to fit in wrapping the water lines this weekend, and getting out the snow people!
And baking....something!
Next week I have 2 meetings and I'm doing Happy Hour at the Old Folks Home!
Better go!
Hope you're all well!
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!
13 comments:
Gail
WELCOME HOME!!!!
Wonderful pictures!! Glad you had a good time.
Missed you.
Myrna
Your pictures are lovely. Isn't Victoria the most amazing place? I would move there in a minute, if I could.
I KNOW hey!
I love it there!
We also went to Murchies
http://www.murchies.com/store
Had frozen yogurt at Qoolas
http://qoola.com/locations/storelocatormaplocation
We stopped at lots of coffee/bakery places cause Kalen is never downtown when they're open!
We went to one, and he told his friends, "don't go there, there's no place to sit!"
We ate out lots, but walked lots....their walking paths are amazing, and go for miles!!!
You're back - and you haven't changed ab it! I love your whirlwind posts and all the pictures! I wished I lived by the sea, too... but right now I would be in seventh heaven if only I had a smoke-free bedroom. Priorities change when relaity kicks in, I guess. Oh well - have a great weekend! And let us know what you decided on baking!
Oh thanks for sharing all your news and picture's totally so interesting x
Wow, you certainly made the most of your time away....sounds like you had a great time.
sounds like you had an amazing adventure with lots of nice pics and descriptions to share. i love the holly - very pretty, oh and the cars are awesome.
Lovely pics, thanks for sharing x
Any excuse for another two days hols, Lol.
hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk
Looks like you had a very good and interesting time away! Good to see you have returned. My tags and cards were sent this past Wednesday to Edmonton. SAS has a new co-ordinator and she lives in Edmonton. Her blog is stamp-n-play and I had fun checking it out. Talk to you soon, Lynnette
Fab photo's gail and looks like you had a great time except for the snow and overnight , still have residulal concussion so staying at home but have time to craft its fab Hugs Elaine
Glad you had a great visit. Love the Victorian homes. I used to live in one years ago that had six fireplaces. There is nothing like an older home. Great pics as always. Hope you are doing well! Hugs, Curt
What wonderful pictures and sounds like an exciting adventure of site seeing and spending time with loved ones. I'd love to see those Victorian homes and wonder if they are anything like the ones we have here. Glad you are back safe and sound and will be sharing your crafts again soon. "Hugs"
great photo's loved browsing through them
Hugs Kate x
Post a Comment