Sunday, August 12, 2012

Live your life and forget your age. --Norman Vincent Peale

It's been a while, and I won't give you any excuses!I just find it uncomfortable to sit without my foot up!
You're gonna have to read previous posts if you want to know about THAT!
If I flop on the couch, I go to sleep..........
I DID drag a foot stool in here, so I could get crafty!
And it's all right if you like sitting sideways! hahahaha
I DID get the graduation card made! FINALLY!

I made the tiny little book of  Dr. Suess quotes.





They went in this little pocket.....here,


The graduation caps paper are an insert.
Here's the inside.


And the outside!



I get my stitches out on Tuesday (a day early)!
Then I'm on my way.....to the Family Rebellion, visiting with my mom & son, back to High Prairie on August 25th for the graduation, and back to work on the 27!
I'll see Tuesday if I get another cast!
I kinda like the cast....I'm clumsy!
I've banged my toes several times on the metal bed frame...don't even ask!
I also have a humungous boot, so there's no pressure on the toes!
I'm not going to say I "LIKE" it, but at least I can walk....sort of!
I like the crutches for going 'fast'!

I'm supposed to be laid up...HA!....for 6 weeks, but when calling to book my 6 week appointment, found out the specialist is gone the whole month of September!
So I'll see him August 30 (4 weeks), get an X-ray, and he can tell me how it's going!
And what I do next!

I was at the dentist on Friday....I'm a sucker for punishment; he said it'd make a better story if I told people I was hurt when I crashed my motorcycle!

Vanessa came home for the weekend to make my life easier....she has!
Her and a friend cleaned my vehicle yesterday (it's a dust collector), I just need to get my stuff out there, and I'm ready!


Best Detailers....eh-vah!

We've watched movies (The Lorax...LOVED, Step Brothers.....NOT SO MUCH), cooked, she went shopping for me!

When I took the bottles out this morning, one of the bigger kittens had this!


Twice the size of a mouse, and when I got closer, he growled at me!


See the black tip on the tail....it's a weasel!
I've seen bigger!

It's so dry, here's a picture of a field that's been hayed.
Full of spider webs.


It's like that all over....it's kinda freaky!

Also in my travels I found a field of these!


I want to say they're houses for Leafcutter Bees, but I'm not sure!

Well, pretty sure that's picture overload for you today!
Have a great next couple weeks, and I'll talk to you when I get home!
Hopefully I won't be antsy anymore, and will do some challenges!

Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!

7 comments:

Myrna said...

Gail
It is always nice to see pics. Brave (or stupid) kitty.
Good to hear things are moving along for you.
Take care.
Myrna

Claudia said...

Hi Gail, wow, lot of work. Love the card with the graduation hat, looks stunning!
Hugs Claudia

Theresa said...

It is good that you are taking things easy. I guess you have no choice, with a cast and all.
Love your little album. What a neat idea.
I have never seen spider webs like that.

Lynnette said...

Oh, wow it sure is dry at your place. I sure can't say that about here. We have had some huge rainstorms along with some hail (not too big) but still makes mark on the apples on my trees. Love the little book you made it is such a cute idea!

CraftinGranny said...

Love the cleverly designed graduation card. As for the spiders, please keep them there, and the cat that killed the weasel is definitely a very brave, stupid, or hungry cat...LOL

Take care of the foot and enjoy your time off. "Hugs"

sallysbitz2 said...

Your Graduation card is brilliant, sooo unique. It will be treasured x

Nice to look at your pics.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

Fab News Gail , you must be getting so fed up now. Glad you were able to get the graduation card finished its super well done . Big Hugs Elaine