Sunday, June 17, 2012

Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit. --Conrad Hilton

Hello peeps!
I AM still here!

We DID get to Edmonton, for Aunt (Sister) Agnes' 60th Anniversary Jubilee!
That's quite an accomplishment!



I DID get a mini album made for her from her 50th!


I was able to put 10 pictures in!


I've been working on 2 Challenges that are a month long thank goodness, although I'm not sure if I'll make it!!

Coming home last weekend we came across this guy having a bath!



There used to be buffalo in there, but the owner must have had the great buffalo roundup as there haven't been any for a while!

I've got a new back step with real stairs!
It's temporary until I get a deck! Bwahahahahaha!


We had to replace the much smaller step, and these ugly stairs, which have been "temporary" for the last 8 YEARS!
I was NEVER able to run outside in bare feet, and they hurt Shadows feet too!


I'm not SAD to see these go!

My irises in the forest are blooming!


Ray brought home a whole wheelbarrel full one year; I planted what I wanted, and just 'set' the rest between some trees in the forest!
They seem to like it there!

Yesterday it rained, and rained, and rained!
The house is clean again, and I got a big pot of soup made, loaf of bread, a strawberry & rhubarb pie, from my very own rhubarb!
Today I'll make some muffins for my lunch, and a rhubarb crisp, and hopefully paint the new (temporary) step!
The grass/dandelions need mowed again, but it'll have to get awful warm & sunny for that!

This weekend I'm meeting my momma here!
I tried to find the poster!
I'll visit all the friends and relatives while I'm there!

There you have it, another action packed week or 2 in the 'NORMAL' life of Gail!
Have a great week everyone!
I have been popping by to see what you're doing........

Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!




6 comments:

Myrna said...

Gail
Great pics. Love the moose and your iris are lovely. Do they have perfume? I had some once and they were gorgeous and smelled good too.
Nice to have real steps isn't it?
Hope your visit with mom was loads of fun.
Myrna

Myrna said...

p.s.
I made 2 huge pies from my rhubarb plant but now need it to grow some more. My neighbor helps herself so she got the first two pickings. Hope I can beat her to it next time. lol
M

Barbara said...

After I just came back from seeing Germany beat Denmark in soccer while we were having a yummy barbecue, your moose pictures of course made my day :-) It seems I need to come visit some time soon! The album you made for Aunt Agnes is beautiful, she must have adored it. And congratulations on your new temporary stairs; I'll keep my fingers crossed that the new deck will come soon!!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

A beautiful mini album, I love the beautiful butterfly on the back
Lindsay xx

Theresa said...

I love your pics. The iris is beautiful.
"Temporary" means for a little while for some people. For others it means for years and years.
When we built our house, over 25 years ago, we needed a railing separating 2 levels, so we could get an occupancy permit. We wanted to move in right away and did not have the cash to buy railings. My hubby spent a day and with left over 2 X 4s, 2 X 6s, 4 X 4s and lots of 1" doweling rescued from the dump, he made the railing. It looked pretty good and it is still there today. The funniest thing is that it still has the 2 headed spikes he used to attach it to the floor and walls. You know, so it would be easy to remove when we actually bought real railings.
Cleaning is coming along. Crawl space is done. Christmas room is done. Leslie has started filling up the empty spaces. The rest of the basement is next.
I have been limiting my computer time so that I actually can accomplish a few things.
I did get the 40 Thank you cards done. I will try to post them one of these days.

Unknown said...

Hi Gail thank you so much for your lovely comments whilst I was away ,and again today.
Just been reading what I have been missing ,on your blog since my last visit .
The mini album you made for Agnes is lovely Gail, I bet she was thrilled and WOW that cake looks yummy !!
Glad you have got some nice steps to reach your garden it must be so much easier now. I Love the wild Irises they are Mums fav flower next to carnations, it is so nice to see them flowering in amongst the trees.
How fabulous to see the Moose having a bath , great photo's.
Yor House mouse card is gorgeous Gail, that is my fav image its so sweet.
Your Christmas card is lovely and you made me laugh when I saw the light sticking outwards , its quirky, but still a fabulous card .
Well done Hugs Elaine