Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rested Up!

I haven't been going to my 'other' job on Saturdays for quite a while!
I NEED 2 days off!
Not that they're days off!
There's still the laundry, cleaning, cooking etc.!

Heard from the Ordinary Seaman today!
They got the weekend off for good behavior!
Spent it drinking it up in Barrie!

I've been making cards.
Here's one.

It's an easel card with envelope! I think it turned out pretty good.

I also received an e-mail about the million uses for coffee filters. I'm here to tell you that using them as wax strips for your eyebrows....works! The last package of strips for waxing I bought were about $8.00, and I was out!
So, went to the cupboard and cut up a coffee filter. They're cheaper than dirt at the $ store or No Frills.

So next time you receive one of those e-mails with unusual things to do with stuff you have on hand....just go hmmmmm, and try something!

It's been a lazy day...brought a bunch of odds & ends out of the freezer to make for supper. J phoned and asked what we were having, so he's coming.
J, "What's for supper?"
Me, "Fish."
J, "What kind of fish?"
Me, "Fish we caught, are you coming?"
J, "What time?"
Little does he know, we're having perogies, I found a few cabbage rolls, they're cooking, a loaf of bread in the machine, and a pasta salad. OH yeah...and fish we caught last summer!

Better go, want to whip up a few more cards before I cook the fish.

This darn blog is centered, because it doesn't want to move to the left!

Ta ta for now.



No comments: