Thursday, August 27, 2009

Holy Moly Batman

Wow, this week at work, and it's not even over, has been a killer!
I've got thee slowest computer on the planet earth, and I need to get my calendar & newsletter done by tomorrow night at 4:30 pm.
I also, and you can laugh if you want, joined the Fiskateers back in February or March. It's a great site, and really good for inspiration!
And there's swaps.
I joined a punch swap, where we made 50 punches of one kind for about 10 people, then we sent it all in and some nice lady sorted it out, and sent us back all our goodies. I got some really neat stuff!
Now, I have until September 1st, to finish my 'O' for the HAPPY HALLOWEEN banner!
Trouble is, one of my fiskafriends is supposed to be punching me an owl to put on it!
I don't have them yet!
I haven't been to the site in a while, should I wait until my name is mud for holding up the swap, or check to see if she forgot!? Not that it will get here in time anyway! Might have to 'haunt' the drug store & dollar store to see if I can switch it up in a hurry!
Maybe, I'll put everything on but the owl, and send them out later. More postage, but better than holding up the swap!
We can't get a lot of the Fiskars stuff in Canada.
When we spent the day in Idaho, mom took me to Ben Franklins. It's like a mini Michaels, but they have stamps & stuff that aren't available in Canada!
Don't worry, I restrained myself. Well, that, and Vanessa standing there tapping her foot, makes me hurry!
I did manage to get some House Mouse stamps. They're sooo cute, and of course not available here. I got 2.
http://www.house-mouse.com/
You can check out their website.
Also a lot of stamps & stuff are only available for a short time, or they're seasonal! Like you care right?!
A lot of places don't ship to Canada either!
Anyway, I have a bunch of patterns I want to try.
I also am hosting the craft thingy with Activity co-ordinators next month, and have to find a wonderful craft.
I've got a pattern for card stock (of course) bookmarks. Thought I'd give those a whirl.
And my aunt wants a dozen cards. 6 Christmas, and 6 assorted. Guess I better get busy!
New rule for next year. NO SHOPPING FOR SCRAPBOOK STUFF unless it gets put away! I've got it all over the floor in my craft room, and all over the kitchen table.
That's where I've been making my O's!
Cause you know I clean the craft room up at the end of April when the snow goes! Yeah whatever!

No comments: