Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Canning Queen


This was the sunrise when I left on August 7th to go to Grande Prairie to pick up Vanessa!
Got back from mom's on Sunday!
Worked 7.5 hours at my other job yesterday, and made peach jam & pickles!
Today I made salsa & Apricot Jam!
Need to make more salsa! Kalen didn't want it runny, so it doesn't make as much!
I have apples on my kitchen floor yet, but they might have to wait. Making peach pie tomorrow, after I go to my other job, and then camping on Thursday!
I had to get my car fixed in Rocky Mountain House. Needed a wheel bearing, and the tie rod ends!
My car was dusty, so wanted a little rain to clean it off. Be careful what you wish for, Vanessa & I ran into this hail storm on the way to moms!

We went to B.C. for mom's birthday! It was the big 7 OH!

No, we couldn't have 70 candles on the cake! It was an Ice Cream Cake from Dairy Queen!
We had a great time!
Toured the brewery! This is Vanessa's brewery touring outfit!

She didn't have closed toe shoes, so had to borrow from grandma!
We had a busy time, too short of course. My brothers friend Julie and their son Shawn were at grandmas, so had a good visit!
On the way home it was Kalen & I.
We stopped at the Kernel Corn Maze south of Sundre. It was fun, but hail had wreaked havoc, so wasn't as tall or as thick as it should have been! But Kalen got to meet Donkey from Shrek!

Better go, it's late. Tell you more later, and I have some awesome pictures of Humming Birds!
Vanessa should be home shortly, she's going to a funeral tomorrow. The druggist from Value Drug Mart passed away last week while we were gone...he was 45.

1 comment:

v said...

wow, i look great in gramas crocs lol