Monday, March 3, 2014

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. --Buddha

Good evening everyone!
Hope you had a great Monday!

I had a minute to play yesterday; Vanessa got the flu Friday night, and had to miss her trip to Vancouver to watch her hockey team the Ottawa Senators play.
She was flopped on the couch or in bed for most of the weekend!
Ray went for a load of wood!
Vanessa asked me last night, "Can't you call work tomorrow and tell them you need to stay home with a sick kid!?" She's 29! hahahahahaha

I'll show you the card, so you can get on with your life!!
I have an aunt; who with some friends make quilts for people with cancer.
They seperated from a Canada wide group, when they had to start paying....
WHAT..........these ladies volunteer their time and most supplies!
Anyhoo, I said I might be able to help them out with cards to go with.

I found this here!
I'd been looking for something for a while!

 
I'm not in love with the yellow,
but I'm going to find my busiest papers;
you know,
the ones we all hoard collect, and make more.
I'd like to get brave enough to sew on them!
I want to have about 12 when I go down in June!
 
I went to GP to a funeral on Friday........
Honestly, it was -37 for most of the 300 miles.
I tried to take a picture, but my camera thought it should make a movie,
and I had to take the battery out to make it stop!!
Didn't think you wanted to watch a movie about how cold it is here!!
It warmed up to -21 at one point in the day.
I got to Michaels, is it just me.......
cause I'm not liking the rearranging!
I can't find anything!
 
It was -30 something all weekend!
The stove was out yesterday morning!
I'm the first one up.......
The furnace was running, and I was drinking coffee before I decided it wasn't very warm in here!
It takes over an hour to get that sucker going!!!!
I took coffee out in a travel mug, and it cooled off right away!
Here's the stove chugging along...........
 


 
Lookit!
Your Monday morning photo of how light it's getting in the morning when I go to work!
I'll be wearing those sunglasses on my dash in no time!

 
Here's the temp!
It's warming up!

 
Have a great week people!
There's a couple challenges I have my eye on!
I'll see what I can do!
 
Hope you're all well!
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!
 

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Gail, I do love the yellow! It's like a breath of fresh air during these cold dreary days! Great card, my friend!!!

NancyD said...

I think that card is great Gail! The yellow works for it. NancyD

Myrna said...

What a wonderful card!!! and a great reason for it.
I quite like it and maybe , just maybe, since I am back to card making a little bit I might try one.
Love the rest of your pics. (not the -28 but the look of the rest)

Myrna

Diane said...

What a fun design Gail, love the embossed background and rings. Wow, -30 burr, stay warm.

Hugs diane

MaryH said...

I absolutely love the soft yellow with the colorful rings. I spotted this card and knew immediately whose was the inspiration! Both are simply stunning and great for you on being able to create your own 'paper quilt'. This is something I want to try myself & even more so after seeing both lovely works. Well done! Your recipient will be thrilled to have such a marvelous card. Your pictures are beyond 'brrrr'. Glad it's not that kind of weather here, but it's cold enough to suit us SCarolina folks! We're all ready for spring. Keep warm, be safe driving on those snowy roads. TFS & Hugs too

Barbara said...

Beautiful card - and so thoughtful of you to support those ladies. I know what you mean about getting the courage to sew on cards... I haven't found it yet, am too afraid I'll ruin whatever I'm making. Enjoy those sunrises - and the rise in temperatures, too!