Sunday, June 2, 2013

Life is about timing. --Carl Lewis

Hello peeps!
This is me finding time to blog! SIGH

Welcome Shaz!

I'm leaving on Wednesday so I'll be MIA for a week or so!

WARNING: THIS NEXT CARD IS A CHIRSTMAS CARD

 
I hurried to do this before the deadline.
I couldn't even find my white stickle stuff, so used a glitter.
Went to link it up and WHOOPS..........
 
 
Do YOU see 3 buttons and ribbon?
Me neither!
That'll learn me to leave it last minute, and not read ALL the instructions!
Oh well, 4 more Christmas cards are made!
 
Now for your environment/Entomology lesson!
See the black on the tree in the middle about 3/4's of the way up!?
 
 
I noticed the black spot on Friday.



 
We don't like them.
I took a picture of the tree tops, cause there'll probably be no leaves when I get home.
And after the leaves took so long to get here this year!

 
In happier news, here's a picture of the bright yellow somethings I planted in my holey boots!

 
They were on their way to the bin last fall, but I got Ray to drill holes in the bottom (in case there weren't enough) and I filled them full of dirt!
Makes a cute eye catching pop of color by the waiting bench at the outhouse!
 
 
I whipped up a set of 4 Thank You cards (each) for my mom & my aunt.

 
Yeah, yeah I know the last one has a larger black area, but I measured the patterned piece wrong!
Of course I did!
Loved the ribbon!
I told one of my older peeps at the OFH when they had flowers on the tables;
" I don't work here anymore, couldn't you gather up the ribbons in the flowers for me!?"
And she did!
 
Alrighty, my bag's half packed!
3 more sleeps!
My hair is done on Tuesday, and the van's going in for a Steam Cleaning, Detailing, full meal deal...
cause I got connections!
 
Hope everyone's well!
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!

10 comments:

Myrna said...

Gail
I see 4 buttons (on the gingerbread people) and couldn't the sentiment count for a ribbon (sort of)?
Love your pics, hate the tent caterpillars.
Nice little pop of color in the boots and your old bench by the outhouse is just perfect.
Have a wonderful time.
Myrna

Anonymous said...

aw, the gingerbreads look yummy enough to eat! what a shame to lose the leaves, but the boots are very pretty and bright. the thank you cards are beautiful and i would've guessed there's a difference in the black strips for variety. :)

chrissy xx said...

When I come calling Gail I mostly have to smile! You seem such a fun person and it comes across in your pictures and your stories lol...
There's me wondering where the buttons are! thought at first they must be on the little men..but, No! the're not even here, no points for you on that one, rofl, but, like you say it's another Christmas card. Christmas is not that far away! I've had a check up at the Dentist...next appointment December!
LOve your photo's very interesting! Your wellies! such cute idea...
Think your 4 cards are GOrgeous! FABulous colours...FABulous designs...LOve them.
Chrissyxx
Enjoy your break away x

Sandra H said...

Aww Gail this is truly lovely l was eating Gingerbread yesterday and there wasn't any buttons on mine l can not decide if your buttons are either side of the sentiment or eyes and buttons on the belly of the Gingermen you'll know better take care x

catherine said...

I think your Christmas card looks great whether it has buttons or not Gail! Great thank you cards too. never heard of those caterpillars at all but they don't look too good
x catherine

CraftinGranny said...

I love your humorist posts! Didn't realize anyone used outhouses anymore...do love the boots though and the yellow flowers. If you had to wait at least it would be a pleasant place in the summer. Never heard of those kinds of caterpillars so I've learned something new again today. It's a great Christmas card and at least you are further ahead on your cards. BTW...I had to step down from CCAYR. Just not posting enough or designing enough to stay on for now. Hubby is requiring more and more time which leaves less time for my crafting. Have a wonderful trip Gail and will see you when you get back. Don't forget to post ALL the details. "Hugs" Carol

Barbara said...

Oh no, tent caterpillars! (Not that I had heard of them before...) Even though it will be a bleak picture, do let us know what the tree looks like when you return. Love your cards, ESPECIALLY the one missing buttons and a ribbon ;-) Have a wonderful trip!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Such a cute card!!! I haven't even thought about Christmas cards yet. I'm going to be panicking again this year, I can see it now, lol!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

The first card is so cute, love the embossing and those sweet little gingerbread men, I LOVE your wellie boots too what a fantastic idea and I hope you can save your tree. The thank you cards are gorgeous too, lovely colours
Lindsay xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah your post made me chuckle sooo know what you mean on two counts leaving to last minute and secondly to not read all instructions me too!! :D


thanks for your welcome to your blog, am going to have to get my act together and welcome my newbies properly ... funnily enough some dont have blogs so cant do them.. or if they do you cant find them.. enjoy your time away!! and love the flower wellies! Shaz in oz.x