Let me tell you, I'm feeling almost 100% today!
Well, you know, exept for the 10 pound boot, and the crutches!
Surgery went well....I guess; no one said otherwise!
6 weeks people....and it's summer! Oh well, no running anywhere for me! hahaha!
I had a bunionectomy and a lot of stuff done to the Hammer toe!
I'd show you pictures, but that would just gross you out!
I was going to come home Wednesday after the surgery, but they gave me some really good drugs, so I had another sleepover with Vanessa!
The drugs were so good that as we sat there debating which movie to watch, I said, "Do I hear an ice cream truck, or is that my medication!?"
It REALLY was the ice cream truck driving through her apartment parking lot!
I'm trying to get down to 1 painkiller at night, cause they make me real tired!
I went to work Thursday to do payroll, then came home to flop on the couch!
Yesterday I was at work at 6:30 am, made a graceful entrance, and told them that I was UP, and that my drugs make me tired!
I almost made the day!
Came home at 1:30!
They're really good to me over there!
I managed to get most of the billing done!
I'll go to work Monday even though it's a holiday, cause I leave on the 14th, and my stitches are supposed to come out on the 15th! OI!
Then last night my SIL calls, she's having a picnic with a friend I haven't seen for over 20 years!
I packed myself up, and off I went!
I stayed about an hour, but am sure glad I went!
My SIL kept trying to give me a 'little shot'!
Hel-lo, I'd have had to crawl home!
I woke up this morning with no pain....so am hopeful for the day!
I have a few cards to get done, so might just stay in my craft room!
I DID get Kalen's 'Congratulations on your Promotion' card done and mailed!
Hope you're all well!
I've been visiting, just maybe not leaving a comment....but I'll get back to that!
Have a great weekend!
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!
8 comments:
Gail
Love the card. The shadowing around the ship is cool.
Glad you are beginning to feel better. Like I said before, let this be the thing that lets you slow down for a bit.
The way things are going around here we "may" just meet up in B.C. lol
Myrna
I am glad you are starting to feel better. Just remember to take it easy for a while. Probably hard for you :-).
Things are moving along slowly here. My house is starting to empty out a bit. Sold some funiture at the last garage sale. And now I am gearing up for the next one. This one will have tools and fishing gear.
Talk to you soon.
Good to hear that things have turned out well so far. Do slow down - I keep up the pace for you here with a renovation of my bedroom coming up soon! Take advantage of that break and watch all you can of the Olympics ;-)
Good to hear that your surgery went well. Being in a cast and on crutches can be a pain let me tell you. I guess you will because i am now typing this hehehehha
I was on crutches with the plaster cast on trying to buy my wedding dress 31 years ago in March. Got joke likes I guess he had to break your leg to catch you etc, but no it was me trying how to roller skate! Since then blades and me don't get along. I hope and pray that you will heal fast. Take some time to play and rest.
Ouch, sounds painful. I hope the surgery makes a big difference for you. Yep, I think you had better lay off the shots, LOL, wise move, saying no to your SIL.
Love your congratulations card, fab wave diecut and a great sentiment too.
Hugs,
Sandy :)
oh great card love the wavy edge detail with this fabulous image
hugs Kate xx
Pretty cool card and I love how you've shadowed around the vessel.
You be sure you take care of those tootsies and get well soon. Sending you hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery. "Hugs"
I am so glad everything went well but don't over tax yourself Gail , take things easy. Your card is fabulous , love the waves at the bottom too a great touch well done Hugs Elaine
Post a Comment