Sunday, April 29, 2012

When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?" -Sydney J. Harris

I don't know where to start...it's been too long!
I'll show you the last stamp club goodies we did before Kalen came home, then you can skip the rest of the post if you're so inclined!

I see my ribbon's crooked in this one!:)











This was the jar of awesomeness our fearless leader gave us for being such good students!
Hahahahaha!


Took lots of pictures of wildlife etc!
This is 2 swans, and I know you can't see them really well, but I liked the reflection of the sun on the water!


This was the March basket for Bryan & Lacey!


We had awesome dessert for Easter!
Of course we made Tarimisu in case it didn't turn out!
You can find the painful instructions for the amazing jello I used HERE!




And we have the obligatory family picture!




We took Kalen to GP 2 weeks ago.
We visited with 2 of Ray's sisters & their families, and an aunt & uncle over the weekend,
Put Kalen on the plane on the 15th!

Then I played catch up!
Catch up with the laundry, house cleaning, gf's, getting my shit stuff together, making a few cards, etc!
Last week, I had a meeting, dinner with the gf's, went to the movie (Hunger Games/I read the books BEFORE there was talk of a movie!), did Happy Hour at the OFH, and yesterday I took Shadow for her yearly check up in PR; an hour away!

I hope to do a few more cards this week!
I only have 1 meeting!

It has rained until it feels like monsoon season.....
It's supposed to be nice today!
It should be a good day for finishing the shed Kalen made his dad put shelves in so it could be cleaned & organized!
Kalen also told me my jars had to find another place to live; that was before the shelves!

Hope you're all well!
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!

5 comments:

Myrna said...

Gail,
Great looking family.
Only you would notice the crooked ribbon, lol the card is lovely.
If you click on the swans you can see them. Great pic. It would make a great card. What size is the die? and who made it? It is a nice size.
Love the tree and newsprint card.
Goodies (basket and dessert) makes my mouth water.
Easter and birthday card are very pretty.
Whew, just one meeting? What WILL you do with your free time? LOL
Have a nice week.
Myrna

Barbara said...

Beautiful cards - very elegant. And I do like that swan picture, too! I don't think I would have noticed them if you hadn't mentioned them... so serene.

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards Gail , you have been busy and fab photo's, thank you for your kind comments on my blog. What stunning cards great work well done
Hugs Elaine

Lynnette said...

Hi Gail. Thanks for the e-mail the other day. I have not been very good at answering any mail or anything lately but now I am feeling more like myself. I have had a flu bug that would not leave and now I think I am finally on the mend.
Talked to my brother today and my mom isn't doing very well. She has to leave her new place because she is fall risk because she forgets to take her walker.
She is going to another nursing home for respite care and then she will be going somewhere for more care as her condition has changed so much from Feb.
I sent in 64 cards for mother's day from everyone and have been receiving more cards for SAS4KIds just recently so I will be posting more pictures.
Talk yo you soon and smile. Lynnette

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous cards, I love the colours on the first one and the one with the tree is just so stunningly beautiful
Lindsay xx