I started by hooking up the new printer I bought yesterday!
Then I had to start troubleshooting, cause it wouldn't print!
That's why I got tired of the other one...not only was it ancient, it only printed what & when it wanted anymore!!!???
When it finally did print, it knew the time/date etc!?
All's well! In that department anyway!
Ray was going to work........we've been having trouble with the outdoor stove.....there's a short in the wiring on the door!
OI!
It quit all together this morning, and like always he says, "I gotta get to work."
Never mind that we had called an electrician earlier this week, and he was coming today.....NOT!
I said, "I'll fix it!"
Famous last words at my house!
I think I missed my calling!
Here is the broken black wire, and you can see the white one has a bare spot!
The black piece covering the wires is heavy metal under that rubber piece!
I got my leatherman, (of course I have my own, and I used to pack it around in my purse, but that's heavy enough!), some wire cutters, some murrettes, some wire, and a big honking wrench!
It ain't pretty, but it works!
I only took the skin off one finger right under the nail;
& the dog & cats might have learnt a few new words; just sayin!
Here we are......fan is working!
I told Ray it would be good until Spring, or until an electrician comes, whichever came first.
We're at a disadvantage up here in gas plant country!
Those guys really rake it in working for those oil companies......
not too many want an hour job at someone's house!
Look what I found out in the snow!
I think it's some kind of moth.
Just so ya know it's alive...it did this when I went to touch it!
Kalen will be home this Friday!
The floors are vacumed & washed............I tried to figure out a day during the week that I could do them........I got nuthin!
Laundry's done, I even made up the bed in the spare room!
The snowmen & women are all put away, and the Easter Rabbits are out!
Menus are planned, going to PR tomorrow for groceries.
Here's his card I made way back when!
V called,"What are you doing?"
Me: "I'm in my room....making Kalens' birthday card."
V: "It's January!?"
Me: "I know, it didn't start out being his birthday card!"
I got a desk full of projects!
The desk is also full of fun stuff I got in the mail this week!
Remember this needy post!?
I got it all this week, now I'm just overwhelmed and don't know where to start!
And the mess of bottles in this post!?
$86.75!!!!
There's my going to Michaels money!
Of course I'll probably add to it.....I've got a list going!
My meeting minutes from the Friends of the Library are typed up, just gotta e-mail them to the chairperson!
Supper's made!
Now I need a nap!
Better go, try & be creative!
Talk to ya later!
Ta ta for now!
11 comments:
Gail
That's a helluva job you did there girl. lol
(compliment)
Nice moth or butterfly but he sure is mixed up regarding seasons.
Lovely card you made for Kalen. I am working on an easel card but so far all I have is an idea. Not unusual these days. Mojo went west I think. Se la vie.
Take care and have a good week end.
Myrna
Yep, you wore me out again with all your chores and busy busy stuff... I don't get done in a week what you get done in a day...lol Love the BD card even if it's not what was originally intended. Thanks for always stopping by and your lovely comments. "Hugs"
ps...I had to change my password and do some other stuff to get it back. Thank goodness it had not been completely deleted. Took awhile but it's fixed now.
Looks like you folks are getting all of the Canadian snow for this time of the year (not that I wish it upon you!) And that poor butterfly ... sure hope he find a warm spot until the snow is gone.
Guy cards are always a stretch for me but you sure nailed this one .... nice job.
I love the colors on your card. That is a great combination.
Good job on fixing the furnace. One of the element wires on my cook top used to short out every couple years. I got real good at replacing the wires. Pretty simple as long as you remembered which wires clipped on where under the control panel. Don't have to worry about that any more after installing a new slide in range. Lost a little cupboard space, but gained a second oven. Good trade off, I think.
My goodness, you've been busy! Way to go!
I love your card! Fun colours and quote as well!
Thanks so much for visiting!
Shanna :)
A really beautiful card, I love the colours and your butterfly pictures are fab, thanks for your lovely comment on my wordpress blog, I also have a blog on blogger which has a lot more on it if you would like to take a look
Lindsay xx
http://craftymonster81.blogspot.co.uk/
Thank you for visiting my blog and your kind comments. There is snow in Moscow too, but unfortunately is not butterflies on it!
Wahoo..you are amazing. I need someone like you near me. Lots of energy there my dear and what a shocker to find that butterfly in the snow. Take care and relax a bit. Pat
You are very handy to have around Gail!! Love the great card you've made, fab images and the colours go well together.
You can find the dutch fold card tutorial on splitcoaststampers - it's easy to make.
Sandy
Hi!
Thanks for commenting on my cards!
I do agree with the top saying...
it is so true... same as womans job is never done! It feels to me that we do some kind of job even as we sleep.
Love the colors on your card, so nature inspired, and "moody footprints" are adorable :)
Another awesome day in the life of Gail! Sorry to pop your bubble but its a moth. The body is too big and hairy for a butterfly. Reminds me of my hubby who can keep me warm when its 80 below zero!
Great job with the wiring! I had to do a few things with the power panel and now I have a dryer and heat pump! Woo hoo.. life is grand! Crazy thing is that I havent looked so forward to doing laundry in a long time...or maybe it was cuz I was out of socks haha!
Rock on girlfriend!!
Hugs,
Sheree
Post a Comment