Well...it DID start out like any other Monday!
I went to Buchinskis'....for 9 (NINE) hours!
Then rushed to my Friends of the Manning Library meeting.
I was coming home about 10 to 7 when I noticed some buffalo out.
I called Ray. "Where are you?"
Ray said, "I'm at Enders working."
I said, "You have buffalo out."
He said, "How many."
I said, "Half a dozen or more."
Ray," &%$#, and a few other choice words."
Me, "Want me to go over there?"
Ray, "Yea, just go open the gate, they'll go right in."
So I come in and put my BIG boots on,tied up the dog,(she is NOT a big help when the buffalo are out)and trotted over there.
I opened the gate, and the 5 (FIVE) buffalo took off!
So after a few minutes of coaxing, Ray called me on my cell.
Ray, "How are you making out?"
Me, " I can't get them to go in (read panic)."
Ray, " I'll have to come home....I'll get them in."
So while I'm waiting, I pleaded and begged, and threatened!
"If you guys (Yes they're guys) don't go in, Ray's coming home, then you'll be in trouble!"
"Pleeeeease go in!"
"Come on, you know you want to, the foods in there, and so are all the girls."
Well that did it....1 (one) went in!
So I backed up further, and told the remaining 4, that I was getting cranky and cold, and didn't they have enough fun? They toured the yard while we were gone!
And they went in!
I called Ray...."They're in!"
Ray, 'Do we know where they're getting out?" (Because we've fixed fence for ever, and it's melting now, so the fence should be higher than 3 feet!)
I told him, "I thought I did, but that wasn't the spot, I have no idea!"
So I stomped home, I stomp when I'm a little testy, and it's not easy to stomp in the melting slush with big boots, untied the dog, who cried the whole time I was over there, and came in.
Now I'm scared to look out a window...cause what if they're out again!?
No comments:
Post a Comment