Sunday, January 10, 2016

I believe the world is one big family, and we need to help each other. --Jet Li

Good day everyone!
Hope the New Year is off to a great start!

We had our fireworks on New Years eve!
It was soooo cold!
We set up our lawn chairs, had our beverage in our to go cups and were an awesome audience; when the first firework almost took out grandpa and the house......
They think it tilted when it was lit, so after being properly horrified, we laughed, and got on with it!
 
I finished up some Christmas cards yesterday!
I'm either really early or horribly late!



Again, 30 minutes, pfft!
Three episodes of Dexter later!
That's just what I felt like watching!

I am busy at work, grateful every day to have a job in this economy.

I'm house sitting, for 3 months while the BFF is off to Phoenix for 3 months. WTH! I was at her place last weekend for the 'rulz'!
They've set mouse traps! Have only ever had 1 of the little critters, but don't want to take any chances!
I said, "Let me tell you about me and mouse traps! If one gets caught; with my gloves on, I will throw the mouse and the trap over the fence! I will NOT pry a little dead body out of the trap and reset it! I WILL however, buy a new trap!"
OI!
Other than that it's going well!
We've just had another cold snap (it is winter after all), and has been -20 something since they left!
It's been really foggy, the hoar frost has been amazing! Almost as pretty as the Northern Lights!


 Spider web.


Lovely shrub!
It's supposed to warm up this week.

That's all I got today. 
Really want to start on some Valentine's cards.
That will be this afternoon.
As soon as my laundry is done, I'm trotting up the back alley to the kids house. They've gone to Edmonton for the weekend, so will make sure everything is well at their house!

Hope you're all well!
Talk to ya later!
 

5 comments:

Myrna said...

You are such a good momma and friend.
Cute cards!!
Love the spider hoar frost web.
Myrna

Barbara said...

I love your cards!!! And of course you're really early; I can't wait to dive right into it again but I really had to straighten out my creative nook first. Done! Have a good week!

brenda said...

I would like to think super organised and you are well ahead for Christmas 2016 with your pretty cards. And that's is mighty cold !

B x

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a fun time new year's eve despite the cold. your christmas cards are fabulous and you're on a roll for this year already! your winter pics are beautiful! hope you get that warmer weather they're promising and 'they're' predicting an early spring.

Diane said...

Wow two fabulous card designs and love the pictures of the frost.

Hugs diane