Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs --jolted by every pebble in the road.-Henry Ward Beecher

Life is still taking up my time!
Went on the County in Bloom tour on Saturday.
Yup! For just 10 bucks we got to snoop in peoples yards, get ideas, have lunch....I KNOW!
I think there were over 50 of us on the chartered bus, and a few behind in vehicles!
Got some pictures.





This next one is 2 gravel crusher cones!
I'da sure hated to be the one holding the top one while they were welded together!
We have a huge one like the top for a fire pit, and it ain't goin anywhere!


Just so ya know....I have several projects on the go.
A card for Kalen....the blue piece of embossed cardstock in the middle.
Also in that pile is parts for about 7 Christmas cards (horrors)!
Bottom left are some Thank You cards I'm working on!
I'm also reading the latest Scrapbooks etc., and somewhere there is the easel instructions for Kalens card!


I will try to get that cleaned up and into something productive for the next time!
Been doing lots of yardwork!
Ray has a guy coming to pump out the sewer on Saturday!
Not just any guy either!
Him & his wife won 1st prize Saturday for their yard.......I'm worried!
They've always had a nice yard!

Things I've learned this summer.......
Flip flops should not be the shoe of choice when there's a grasshopper infestation.
Did ya know they have yellow guts.................eeeewwwwww!
You can go through 2 cans of bug spray on a really wet/dry/wet year!
3 if you count the powdery smell good stuff that mosquitoes like!
There's no end to yard work!

Still pluggin along.
Some stuff just HAS to get done, cause winter will be here soon enough!

I'm gonna finish at least one of the horseshoe pits this weekend, and finish caulking the outdoor furnace! And cleaning up dead trees, and......................you know how it goes!

Talk to ya later!

Ta ta for now!



2 comments:

Myrna said...

Gail
Thanks for the pics. You must have had fun. They are great.
Hope you have a great week end.
Myrna

Curt in Indy said...

Yes my dear Gail, I do know how it goes with you! You wear me out on every post. I was chatting with Myrna on Google chat, and I said "Well, gotta go, need to take a shower (been cutting grass), then run to the store, come home and make the boys dinner, then I'm going upstairs for some "me" time.)" Then I added "I just sounded like Gail there!" LOL Honest, true story. . .she replied that I sure did. LOL Love your posts and have so missed coming here. Hugs, Curt