This is what it was doing Friday morning when I got up!
Those are my gardens....tomatoes & peppers & parsley on the left.
Potatoes & peas on the right!
Bird bath, fire pit & chairs behind!
I just washed 20(!?) loads of laundry today, cause I had everything in the house out to cover the gardens, flowers, shrubs, etc. for the last 2 nights!!
Sheets, blankets, towels! YOI!
I also took this picture of the Wild Rose.....the snow & cold didn't seem to bother them!
Yesterday I spent the day in Peace River.
Just let me have a pity party, sob story.....whatever, then it will be out of my system!
Yesterday was the fifth time I took my vehicle in to get the cruise control fixed.
I have a new computer, a couple new switches for Lord knows what,
and I still don't have cruise control!
I know, I know, that's kinda petty of me when so many others have bigger problems, and I get it.
Makes me happy that no cruise control is ALL I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT!
I go on holidays on Thursday.....I really needed cruise control!
Okay, I think I'm done!
Still have the damn dust problem too!
K, really, that's it!
Ray's seeding the back 40.
My internet's not working properly, so I can't look back to see if I've told you this already....just chalk it up to age!
I've been helping him fill the seed drills.
All 16 or 18 feet of them.
By the pail.
5 gallon pail.
Of peas!
He should be done tonight!
I did ALL the laundry today.
Made a rhubarb crisp, rhubarb cream pie, and an ordinary rhubarb pie, that's going to the freezer tomorrow!
I made a lasagne, hauled boards over from the back 40 to build boxes for our rhubarb, Ray's sister came for supper. I helped fill the seed drill. For. The. Last. Time.
Had my jacuzzi, with a glass of wine left over from supper!
Okay, if you don't laugh at these next pictures I'll give you a really good rhubarb crisp recipe!
I never said I was a dog groomer!
Poor Shadow is bothered by fleas, and yes, her and I have had our treatment for the month, but she's so matted, I got some flea powder, and we've been cutting hair, and rubbing the powder in!
She's pretty good, she sits real nice most of the time, and she gets up & leaves when she's had enough.
The line under her collar!?
She scratched most of her hair off, right down to her hide, so I give her a brush cut under her collar, almost up to her ears!!
I think she's way cooler!
Okay, here's the recipe!
Rhubarb Crisp
6 Cups washed, dried & diced rhubarb
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
3/4 cup whipping cream
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup margarine
4 tsp. Cinnamon
Mix eggs, flour, sugar, butter & cream together; mix in rhubarb and put in greased 9 X 13 baking dish.
Mix remaining ingredients together, and spread on top.
Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Enjoy........it's our favorite rhubarb crisp, and I'm always giving out the recipe!
Talk to ya later!
I'll try to get on before I leave on Thursday!
Ta ta for now!
1 comment:
Hi Gail
Nice haircut!! lol
Thanks for the recipe. My rhubarb is coming along great so have to get rid of some of it.
Where you off to on holidays? For how long? Nosy aren't I?
Well at least the snow MAY have helped the fire situation some.
Have fun, take care.
Myrna
Post a Comment